I know the election has past, but I find it so important that people might want to know what a kid's perspective is on what was going on.
In social studies whenever there was a debate, our teacher would tell us to watch it. The next day she would have it for us to watch and discuss tactics they used. We noticed how most of the time they wouldn't answer the question.
When we found out that it was down to Obama and McCain the bus rides home would consist of conversations usually involving "John McCain is another Bush.", "Obama rules." and things along those lines. Along comes a mock election, sadly I forgot to register. Obama won by a landslide. One day a text went around to most of the seventh grade saying "If McCain is elected president we will not go to school November 5th." I found it pretty funny because I knew people were going to go to school no matter what.
Election Day I was getting teeth pulled and wasn't planning on going to school the next day, so I turned on the computer and kept up to date with the states. I would become nervous when states turned red. I was especially high strung when it came down to California. If Obama got California he won. When California turned blue I was so happy and sent a text to everyone in my contacts saying "Obama is president" and then I went to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment